Bulgarian born New York City based bassist Martin Doykin has
been actively performing on the city’s scene and across the United States Since 2010. Martin’s versatility as an acoustic and electric bass player have made him an in demand sideman and session musician.
For the past 10 years Martin has toured Europe and the
United State and has performed at festivals and venues such as:
Carnegie Hall, Marians Jazz Room (Bern, Switzerland), Porgy and Bess (Vienna), Bern Jazz Festival (Switzerland), The knitting factory (NYC), Django Fest NorthWest, (Seattle, US), Mega Fest (Dallas), Rovigo Music Festival (Italy), Salsa Cubana Music Festival (Cyprus), The Bearsville Theater (NY), Rockwood Music Hall (NYC), The Bitter End (NYC), The Paramount NY, Colorado Gypsy Jazz Festival, Sullivan Hall (NYC), Joe's Pub (NYC), Drom (NYC), Flagler Auditorium etc.
Martin has performed, toured and recorded with artists such as: The Avalon Jazz Band, Olli Soikkeli, Vinny Raniolo, The Women Of Ireland, Michelle Citrin, Balchemy, Frankie Morales, Jimmy Bosch, Herman Olivera among others.
- The Grave Jinglers – 'Reign of The West', 2015
- Foster Mcginty – 'The Lucy Stone', 2015
- Balchemy – 'Balchemy', 2013
- 'If I leap'- short movie by Jackie Stone - OST - 2009
- 'The World is big and salvation lurks around the corner' OST 2008
- Nina Nikolina and Kalin Veliov – 'Absinth', 2008
- Tumbaito – 'Black Haired Girl' – Single - 2009
Martin is a graduate of The New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music in New York City.